13th FESTIVAL “Land Culture Tourism” of Platanias Municipality, Platanias , 24.09 – 25.09
The Municipality of Platanias and the Public Benefit Enterprise of the Municipality of Platanias, in co-organization with the Region of Crete, are organizing for the 13th consecutive year, the “Land, Culture, Tourism” Festival.
As part of the constant effort of the Municipality of Platanias to strengthen the content of the institution, this year’s events will include another 2-day experiential event, on September 24 and 25, 2023, focusing on Cretan wine and its derivatives.
As part of the two-day event, a rich program has been planned for another year, which includes,
• On Sunday, September 24, 2023, from 19:30 to 22:30, in the square of Platanias, a great celebration for wine and its derivatives.
Through a series of actions:
- We know and participate in the production of wine and tsikoudia
- We taste Cretan products based on wine
- We taste Cretan wine and products from the Cretan Land
- We have fun with Traditional Music and Dance
Earlier, on Sunday morning, a group of visitors from the area will join the festival organizers in a vineyard to experience a traditional harvest.
• On Monday, September 25, 2023, at 7:30 p.m., the festival moves to the Ancient Olive of the Vouvos where the program includes:
- Musical Evening, with Giorgis Xylouris (Psarogiorgis) and Yiannis Papatzanis
The events are FREE ENTRY and FREE TREAT OF LOCAL PRODUCTS
We note that more than 40 events (film screenings, musical evenings, theater performances, wine tastings, tastings, activities for children, etc.) took place again this summer as part of the modular program of the “Land Culture Tourism” Festival of the Municipality of Platanias. The aim this summer too was to carry out activities that activated the local communities as well as the visitors of the area as well as the interconnection of the primary and tertiary sectors.