Culture – Activities
• Exhibition: “John Craxton: A Greek Soul”, at the Municipal Art Gallery of Chania, until January 31, 2023. Opening hours: Monday – Closed. Tuesday to Saturday 10:00 to 14:00 and 18:00 to 21:00. Sunday: 10:00-14:00 with free entry. https://pinakothiki-chania.gr/exhibition/john-craxton-mia-elliniki-psychi/ )
• Until the middle of January 2023 photo exhibition “Renato Mordo. Jew, Greek and German. The life of an artist in the age of extremes”, at the Orthodox Academy of Crete with free admission (https://www.oac.gr/el/epikaira/enimerwtika-deltia/ekthesi-gia-ton-renato-mordo-stin-orthodoxo-akadimia-kritis-p675.html )
• “MicroWorld” photo exhibition by Nikos Kampianakis, at Voukolies Cultural Center ( Voukolies – Municipality of Platanias ) .
The Municipality of Platanias, continuing the presentation of art and culture activities in Voukolies Cultural Center , co-organizes with the Region of Crete – Chania Regional Unit the photo exhibition ‘MicroWorld ‘ (the world of insects), by the photographer Nikos Kampianakis. The opening of the exhibition will take place on Sunday, December 4 at 19:30 at Voukolies Cultural Center , in Voukolies of the Municipality of Platanias. The exhibition will remain open until December 20 with opening hours: Daily 10:00-13:00, Saturday 17:00-20:00 and Sunday 11:00-19:00 Curated by: Yiannis Markantonakis and Michalis Kalaitzakis. Entry is free to the public.
• “Freedom in Bremen” by Rainer Werner Fassbinder, adapted, directed, set, costumes, and music edited by Nikos Mastorakis, from DIPETHEK. From November 30 to December 11, Venizelio Odeio of Chania – “Manolis Skouludis” Hall: Monday – Saturday at 9:00 p.m. (except Tuesday), Sunday at 7:30 p.m. More information: ( www.dipethekritis.gr )
• The Region of Crete – Regional Unit of Chania presents the play “Free-eros”, at the “Dimitris Vlisidis” Theater from Saturday 3 to Monday 5 December 2022, at 21.00. FREE ENTRY ( https://el-gr.facebook.com/pneumatikokentrochanion/
• The book by Christos Machairidis “Asia Minor tragedy: Aristides Stergiadis, the Ephialtes of Ionia?” (published by Ereisma) is presented in the event hall of the Pneumatic Center of Chania, on Wednesday, November 30 at 7:30 p.m. ( https://el-gr.facebook.com/pneumatikokentrochanion/ )
• ANNIVERSARY PRESENTATION : The Booklet 1821-2021 TWO HUNDRED YEARS FROM THE GREEK REVOLUTION CHANIA 2021 THE ANNIVERSARY PROCEEDINGS is presented on Sunday, December 4, 2022, at 6:30 p.m., at the Pneumatic Center of Chania.
( https://el-gr.facebook.com/pneumatikokentrochanion/ )
• The Development Association of Stalos in collaboration with the Local Community, the Municipality of Chania and KEPPEDICH KAM are lighting their Christmas tree on Sunday, December 4 at 4:30 pm in the area outside the office of Hania Hotels Association. Treats, Christmas train and many surprises await you all.
• The anniversary of the Union of Crete with Greece will be celebrated with splendor on Wednesday 30 November and Thursday 1 December in Chania.
• The screening of the dramatized documentary “VENIZELOS, fight for Asia Minor”, will take place on Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 8:00 p.m., at the Pneumatic Center of Chania. The documentary is a production of the “Eleftherios K. Venizelos” National Foundation, ERT and Long Run Productions, with the support of the Hellenic Parliament. ( https://el-gr.facebook.com/pneumatikokentrochanion )
• Event for the feast of St. Andreas of Tripotiganitis, organizes on Wednesday, November 30 at 5:30 p.m. in his hall, the Lyceum Club of Greek Women of Chania. Dora Manitaki will play piano and Emmanuel Manzios will play violin. ( https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=498378335655464&set=a.454070503419581 )
• Presentation on Friday, December 2 at the Pneumatic Center by ILAEK of the announcements from the 13th International Critological Conference (Agios Nikolaos, 5-9/10/2022). The start will be at 16:30 ( https://www.ilaek.org/archives/6014 )